Friday, August 22, 2014

Thank you Portland

It's become a regular vacation for my girlfriend and myself to take a short two day trip to Portland OR. It is close enough to our home here I'm Everett Washimgton but far enough away to be an escape from the grind. Needless to say when we are there I become arnica antique store shopper. I found a few interesting shaving items this time around, but the most interesting piece I found at the very last antique shop. Viewing it under a pile of ratty shaving brushes, Schick injector razors, and led blades this razor didn't stand out from the crowd. Once the other items were cleared away I realized what was in my midst. It turned out to be a three piece razor made entirely out of what looks like brown Bakelite. After a little polish it was given back the original shine that it once boasted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment